[mythtv-users] mythbackend crashes every 6-7 hours

Rob Verduijn rob.verduijn at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 21:00:09 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have no intention of sending rapidshare any money as wel, I'm open for
other suggestions or a howto on how to get that 2Mb on pastbin.

no solid state drives in my machine.
Ordinary harddisks in there.
I don't mind it takes it's time to boot cause it's a backend that rarely is
turned off.

OK it's 250Gb and not 256 see the type of the drive at this link
http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=c2be99f4fa74c010VgnVCM100000dd04090aRCRD&locale=en-US

Furthermore there we're no recordings during the test and I didn't get any
further than booting up the living room frontend.
The frontend was up and running but doing nothing. No tv shows were viewed
during the testing.

fragmentation is really bad
I'm starting defrag in screen session right away, this could take awhile
Never thought fragmentation would bother me again since I left windows
behind me a decade ago.
I'll whip up a nice script that keeps an eye on it from the cron.

xfs_db -c frag -r /dev/system/data2
actual 100214, ideal 1163, fragmentation factor 98.84%

the freespace is not much better
xfs_db -c freesp -r /dev/system/data2
   from      to extents  blocks    pct
      1       1      70      70   0.00