[mythtv-users] Windowed aspect ratio confusion

E. Westbrook mythtv-users at westbrook.com
Mon Nov 1 18:45:26 UTC 2010

Hi folks,

I'm running 0.24-fixes (27060) and trying to enjoy mythfrontend in a window
on my desktop computer while I work on other things.

I launch with:

/usr/bin/mythfrontend -geometry 800x450+0+0 -v most -O
XineramaMonitorAspectRatio=1.77778

But the aspect ratio is still wrong (squished vertically), as you can see
here:  http://westbrook.com/2010-11-01-123348_800x450_scrot.png

A frontend log is here: http://westbrook.com/mythfrontendlog20101101b.log

Without the XineramaMonitorAspectRatio override, it's squished even more
(I'll demonstrate if anyone would like).

I would strongly suspect I'm just doing something silly, but I don't know
what.  Any tips would be appreciated!

Thanks!
EW