[mythtv-users] Myth and E-Books ?

Christopher Kerr mythtv at theseekerr.com
Mon Nov 1 02:20:47 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 9:56 AM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> Since Myth is the "mythical" multi-media solution, I wondered if anyone is working on, thinking about or otherwise doing
> anything along the lines of integrating Ebook media into a Myth system.
>
> I've been playing with Calibre, but I keep wondering if similar functionality could be integrated into Myth. There is also
> Jutoh which, among other things, can convert Ebooks into Audiobooks, and audio is obviously something Myth should be
> involved with.
>
> Converting Ebooks for an EReader seems more or less like converting video for an iPod or a phone, at least conceptually.
>
> Other than storing Ebooks on the same machine as Myth's backend, I haven't done anything towards integration except think
> about it.
>
> Any ideas?

Myth's strengths are in being TV friendly - providing the 10 foot interface.

IMO, eBooks are better managed from the device itself.

The only exception I can imagine is a device which can sync over WiFi
- then maybe you could manage your library without having to get off
the lounge. But it seems a bit pointless to me.

- Chris