No subject

Mon May 17 17:55:34 UTC 2010

host the files are on. i.e. if there is more than one recording directory on
mythback1, and you ask mythtv to play recording.mpg, it just knows it is in one
of the recording directories on mythback1 and looks in all of them until it
finds it.

So... I'm thinking something like the following might work:

1)Restore old database on new system

2)Run the following two commands:
mythconverg_restore.pl --change_hostname --old_hostname="mythback1"
--new_hostname="mythbacknew"
mythconverg_restore.pl --change_hostname --old_hostname="mythback2"
--new_hostname="mythbacknew"

3)Go into mythtv-setup on the new machine and point the "recording directories"
to the new locations for my recordings.

Will this work? Will it cause any other problems I'm not considering?

Thank You,
     -Scott