[mythtv-users] channel lineup changes

Jay Cornell Jaycornell at comcast.net
Mon May 31 23:57:49 UTC 2010

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 05/31/2010 10:57 AM, Jay Cornell wrote:
>> Hi..   can you help me update my channel lineups?   I just added
>> starz to my cable lineup.  I went to my Schedules Direct account and
>> edited the lineup and added the additional channels.  I have run
>> mythfilldatabase (many times).  I have tried the following switches
>> (--do-channel-updates, --remove-new-channels,
>> --do-not-filter-new-channels) to no avail.
>>
>> I am running ubuntu 9.04, with branches/release-0-23-fixes [24879]
>> www.mythtv.org
>
> What card input are you using?  You add new channels differently
> depending on whether they're analog or digital (or, technically,
> depending on whether they're scannable or not scannable digital)
>
> Mike

I have a pvr150, input thru composite off of a set top box, i.e,
analog.   I ended up deleting all channels, then fetching channels from
the input connections in mythtv-setup.   I guess I assumed that the
channels would just download with the next mythfilldatabase run --
seemed a little drastic to have to delete all my channels.  All is good
now..