[mythtv-users] No EPG data on DVB-T

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Mon May 31 21:48:35 UTC 2010

Thanks for your reply, I want to test it with "dvbsnoop", but I don't
how, I try lot os paramaters, but I have any info.

I test on MythTV with a working stick and now I have programa info for
8 days, so I can't test it there, is a way to erase all programa info
from MythTV?

Thanks for all, I will continue with dvbsnoop.

Regards.

2010/5/31 Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com>:
> On 31 May 2010 17:16, Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello, I am having problems with my new DVB-T, KWorld Dual DVB-T stick (399U).
>>
>> It does not get any EPG data. Is there any tool to verify is it really
>> get EPG or not?
>>
>> I can watch channels well.
>
> Are you scanning for DVB channels within MythTV?
>
> I suggest you start by using a simpler GUI app like Kaffeine. It will
> display the EPG if it can receive it, and is more user-friendly than
> dvbsnoop. dvbsnoop (and by extension epgsnoop, which was mentioned in
> another thread) will be able to give you the answer to "Is an EPG
> being transmitted in the DVB stream" though.
>
> I see that you posted to linux-media a while ago about the KWorld card
> - try configuring only one of the tuners in MythTV and see if that
> helps. Start with active EIT collection disabled and start LiveTV or
> schedule something to record. The EPG should be received whilst
> watching LiveTV or during a scheduled recording (this is how passive
> EIT collection works).
>
> Cheers,
> Nick
>
> --