[mythtv-users] Update programs from EIT

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat May 29 16:10:50 UTC 2010

On 29 May 2010 16:50, Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/5/29, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com>:
>>
>> If you are using only EIT for programme information, you _do not_ need
>>  to run mythfilldatabase. You only need to run mythfilldatabase if you
>>  are using Schedules Direct or XMLTV. Programme listeings do not
>>  "magically" appear for EIT if you run mythfilldatabase. As your log
>>  shows that you have 2 video sources using EIT defined, are you using
>>  another tuner besides the DVB-T device?
>
> The DVB-T device is a twin tuner, I have two devices on /dev/dvb/.

OK - but see my comments below...

>>  If you still have no programme listings, your problem is elsewhere. If
>>  you are using active EIT scanning, you need to leave the backend for
>>  some time to collect information in the background. If you are using
>>  passive EIT, programme data is only collected during recordings.
>
> I don't know how to configure active or passive scaning.

This is configured on the Capture Card pages when configuring a DVB
card. Choose the "Recording Options" button next to the  "DiSEqC"
button to get access the "Use DVB Card for active EIT scan" option.

> I configure on the "mythtv-setup" to take programs from EIT and
> configure on the Input both devices to EIT video source, is this the
> correct config?

If you have 2 DVB-T inputs (e.g. 2 separate cards, or 2 inputs on a
dual tuner card) that are receiving the same* channels, you need to
create only 1 video source, and then attach that single video source
to both DVB-T inputs on the Input Connections page in mythtv-setup.

* I mean the cards tune to the same multiplex frequencies, and the
list of available channels is the same

Finally, some dual tuner cards have better stability by having the
first tuner set to active EIT collection, and the second tuner using
passive EIT collection.

Cheers,
Nick

--