[mythtv-users] Compiling 0.23-fixes on Fedora 13

Erik Sejr esejr at wildroseinternet.ca
Sat May 29 06:31:35 UTC 2010

On 5/27/2010 5:39 PM, Nick Morrott wrote:

> On 27 May 2010 16:50, Erik Sejr <esejr at wildroseinternet.ca> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I'm just wondering if anyone else has tried this. I just recently upgraded
>> my F12 system to F13, did a svn update on the 0.23-fixes branch and
>> attempted to recompile. GCC 4.4.4 seems to have some issues compiling
>> iso639.cpp. On my system anyway it goes into an infinite loop once it
>> reaches this file.
>>
>> I've seen problems like this before relate to compiler optimizations. I
>> altered config.mak after the configure script had run and changed OPTFLAGS=
>> -fomit-frame-pointer -O3 to OPTFLAGS= -fomit-frame-pointer -O1. It compiled
>> successfully.
>>
> Are you specifying any configure options?
>
> Is your CPU still being detected correctly since the upgrade?
>
> Cheers,
> Nick

Thanks for the replies. The configure command line I've been using and
the output is below. It looks like the CPU is being detected correctly.
This isn't really a blocker for me, I can build it with -O1 and it seems
to run just fine, but I've never had a compiler go into an infinite loop
like that on me before, I was curious if it was a more widespread bug.

Fedora upgrades never seem to go that cleanly for me. There's always
oddities after they're done. I'll probably just run with it as is for
now and wipe it for F14 :)

./configure --prefix=/usr --libdir-name=lib64 --disable-audio-jack
--disable-hdhomerun --disable-xvmcw --disable-directfb
--disable-firewire --enable-lirc --enable-v4l --enable-ivtv
--enable-opengl-vsync --disable-iptv --enable-libfftw3 --enable-vdpau

# Basic Settings
Compile type        release
Compiler cache    symlink gcc
DistCC                no
qmake                  /usr/bin/qmake-qt4
install prefix          /usr
runtime prefix       /usr
CPU                       x86 x86_64 (model name        : Intel(R)
Core(TM) i7 CPU         920  @ 2.67GHz)
big-endian            no
runtime cpu detection     no
yasm                    no