[mythtv-users] What can cause Mythfrontend to be slow closing?

Josh White jaw1959 at gmail.com
Fri May 28 19:32:51 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 2:36 PM, nospam312 <nospam312 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > You are probably getting the 5-second delay followed by a log message
> > like "Error in my_thread_global_end(): 2 threads didn't exit".  This
> > is an issue with Qt's mysql driver.  See
> > http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/430390 .
>
> Thanks I am running 0.23 so I guess the patch does not help when Myth
> is exiting.
>
> I find it strange that it appears to be only happening on some setups
> however?  I am sure if it was happening on everyones machines more
> people would be posting.
>
> Does mythfrontned run a script when exiting?
>
> I think I have seen this option somewhere but where is it?
>
> I can at least check if it is running a script it is not doing
> anything it shouldn't be?
>
> TIA

I get the problem at seemingly random intervals.  I see myth hang generally
after sitting idle (I never put anything to sleep except the screen on one
machine).  I improved things by setting swappiness to 0, but it didn't go
away entirely.  I don't have any logs to post, but just wanted to add to the
anecdotal body of evidence.