[mythtv-users] IPad and mythtv.

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri May 28 18:29:20 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 10:01 AM, George Galt <george.galt at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm actually somewhat interested in getting one of these and playing
>> with EyeTV some. They've got some pretty spiffy additional transcoding
>> and streaming support that can be set up to use their turbo.264 hd
>> encoder stick (which I have one of), making real-time video
>> transcoding not that hard on the cpu, which was what it seems many
>> people were citing as the main reason real-time transcoding for
>> streaming wasn't practical...
>>

> Jarod:
>
> All I can say is that I admire your wife's tolerance for the number of
> electronic toys you buy!  Mine gives me a hard time when I buy a 1TB
> drive (on sale no less!) so that I don't have to erase any of her
> growing library of cooking shows.

Heh. Like JYA said, my wife knew what she was getting into when we got
married. She gets her fair share of the spoils too though. I think the
trick is spending at least as much on things *she* really wants --
preferably even more on her things. When I say "I" have an iPad, what
I really mean to say is that my wife wanted one, so I got to buy *her*
one (granted, she'd have been happy w/just the base model). I just get
to play with the iPad every now and then when its not being used by
her or one of the kids. :)

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com