[mythtv-users] Series and episode numbers in recorded TV using Freeview in UK

Bill Bogstad bogstad at pobox.com
Fri May 28 12:22:02 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 9:43 AM, Simon Kiteley
<simonkiteley at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I'm in the UK recording freeview and would like to know if there
> is any way of getting series and episode numbers included.
>
> I believe that programs are identified as the same series within the
> EIT so some way of grouping things of the same episode would be cool
> (but obviously would need a change made somewhere). Maybe if I knew
> how to get this information out of the database (if included) it might
> be as simple as updating a theme!

If you haven't yet looked in the database, I would recommend
mysql-query-browser.  It's a nice
GUI based tool for looking at the contents of a mysql database.
Should be available for most
Linux distributions.   It helps to know some SQL, but you can drag and
drop table names into a query window if all you want to do is look at
their content.

Bill Bogstad