[mythtv-users] What can cause Mythfrontend to be slow closing?

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Fri May 28 11:29:33 UTC 2010

Quite often Mythfrontend takes several seconds to close (it a combined
Mythbuntu 10.04 backend and frontend).

Has anyone got any suggestions on what to look at that may be causing
this problem?

There does not appear to be a pattern the system can be doing
absolutely nothing but it takes 5-10 seconds to close the frontend and
return to showing showing mythwelcome.  At other times mythfrontend
will exit and show mythwelcolme virtually instanteously.

What does mythfrontend do when you select Yes, Exit Now from the menu?

I have been having this problem since using Mythbuntu 9.10 (it used to
happen all the time on this) and it still occurs to some degree (most
of the time) since I upgraded to Mythbuntu 10.04/0.23.

Any suggestions on how to track down what could be causing the problem?

TIA