No subject

Mon May 17 17:55:34 UTC 2010

H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1
with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4,
and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480
pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to
160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;
Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per
second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format

> And some of us do live in worlds where h.264 is broadcast. So we ARE inte=
rested.

> It seems that the hardware acceleration world is going towards
> supporting h.264 =A0to the exclusion of mpeg2 and the xvid/divx style
> codecs. Does anyone else think that this will leave the USA as a
> struggling last bastion of mpeg2 TV?

Australia is going to be stuck with mpeg2 for a while too...