[mythtv-users] Compiling 0.23-fixes on Fedora 13

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri May 28 01:48:23 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 7:29 PM, Brian Long <briandlong at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 11:50 AM, Erik Sejr <esejr at wildroseinternet.ca>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> I'm just wondering if anyone else has tried this. I just recently upgraded
>> my F12 system to F13, did a svn update on the 0.23-fixes branch and
>> attempted to recompile. GCC 4.4.4 seems to have some issues compiling
>> iso639.cpp. On my system anyway it goes into an infinite loop once it
>> reaches this file.
>>
>> I've seen problems like this before relate to compiler optimizations. I
>> altered config.mak after the configure script had run and changed
>> OPTFLAGS=
>> -fomit-frame-pointer -O3 to OPTFLAGS= -fomit-frame-pointer -O1. It
>> compiled
>> successfully.
>>
>> I'm curious if this is an issue specific to my system or if others running
>> F13 and this version of GCC have seen this?
>
> Erik,
> I'm using 0.23-fixes on F13 via RPMs from http://atrpms.net, so I've not
> seen your issue, but that's cuz it was compiled for me.  :-)

Indeed, I suspect most Fedora users are using packaged builds, which
always use the same set of well-defined compile options. I tend to try
to fix (or enlist aid to fix) any compile problems that come up using
the standard Fedora compile flags via RPM Fusion package builds of
trunk against the Fedora devel/rawhide tree pretty regularly.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com