[mythtv-users] OT: LED or Plasma (was Advice on choosing a TV)

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Thu May 27 23:00:13 UTC 2010

Andre wrote:
> Alternatively and much more simply are you using studio levels (vdpaustudio) out from MythTV? If not there is a scaling of the display output 16-235 scaled to 0-255, this introduces some small artefacts that a plasma display will accentuate.

Now I have MythTv driving the TV, I'm getting results much darker than
any other source - all the others being much the same. I.e., dark areas
are darker. First thought when I saw this was that it might be
the 16-235 to 0-255 scaling, so I put vdpaustudio in the filter box.
It made no visible difference. Any other ideas? It would be really nice
if all my sources were the same, so I can just calibrate once.

Cheers,
	Paul.