[mythtv-users] cant access disecq settings

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu May 27 21:37:15 UTC 2010

On 27 May 2010 21:08, Richard Morton <richard.e.morton at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just received my new card to join my 4 DVB-T tuners.
>
> I have locked the DVB-t tuners to different /dev/dvb locations so that
> they will be constant.
>
> I have tuned for channels and tried to follow teh guide on mythtv wiki
> and parker1.co.uk
>
> I can play BBC Three with mplayer.
>
> When I try to setup the card in Myth I need to setup that there is
> just an LNB on the end.
>
> When I enter the Diseqcq screen, it says unconnected, when I try to
> select it to change it to LNB the screen flickers, and thats it, it
> returns to unconnected. The terminal window has the error:
> DiSecqDevTree, Warning: No device tree for cardid 2
>
> any ideas?

I'll readily agree that LNB configuration is quite cumbersome - I
started to look into what was going on behind the scenes some weeks
ago but real life meant I didn't get as far as I wanted. Hopefully
I'll have a little more time in the next couple of months to pick up
again.

With regard to your issue, try this approach and let me know if it helps:

i) add the DVB-S card and add the LNB, but leave it as unconnected
ii) create a video source, but do not scan for channels
iii) attach the video source to the DVB-S input on the Input Connections section
iv) go back to the card setup, and edit the LNB settings, which should now stick
v) go back to the video source, and you should be able to scan for
DVB-S channels

Cheers,
Nick

--