[mythtv-users] OT: LED or Plasma (was Advice on choosing a TV)

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Thu May 27 08:11:15 UTC 2010

Alasdair Macdonald wrote:
> On 11 May 2010 13:28, Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net> wrote:
>> I want the Plasma, don't I? Tell me I want the Plasma... go on...
>> go on! :-)
>
> Well, the topic came up at the perfect time for me; I've been
> following it for the past several days, took advice that was offered
> earlier in the discussion, and have placed my online order (Panasonic
> TX-P50G20B) just a few minutes ago.

Are you seeing a lot of posterization from yours in darker images,
especially on walls and faces? At first I thought it was just the
TV being larger than I was used to showing up poor sources, but
I'm seeing it in all sources. Also, if I pause and adjust the
brightness, the colour bands move, which also indicates that it's
the TV not the source. It's bad enough that I'm considering
returning it. Although maybe this is a problem with all modern
TVs.

Paul.