[mythtv-users] IPad and mythtv.

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Wed May 26 08:34:24 UTC 2010

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 5:25 PM, jedi <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:

> On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 03:14:18PM +1200, Steve Hodge wrote:

> > > frontend.

> > >     "plays what MythTV generates" seems terribly obvious actually.
> > >
> > >     If it can't play recordings, how can you call it a MythTV device?
> > >

> > Like Jean-Yves I had a 1GHz PIII as a frontend a while back. Are you
> saying
> > wasn't a MythTV device? Because anything that thing could play back an
> iPad
> > could playback. My current system can't handle the HD video broadcast in
> > this country. Is that also not a MythTV device?
>
>     If you can't play what you record then it's a bit academic.

So you're claiming that the iPad can't ever be used to play MythTV files
purely because the code doesn't currently exist? Because obviously the
hardware capabilities are sufficient for at least some people's setups. Your
argument amounts to saying that no one should write the code because the
code hasn't been written.

Cheers,
Steve