[mythtv-users] Maybe a slightly different usage model for Myth with DirecTV encrypted HD?

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Tue May 25 23:22:47 UTC 2010

I have thought about what you are talking about as well; but as a way
to optimally use subscriptions.

Consider SkyHD. Twin tuners. One output. But if I dont record more
than 24 hours of programming a day then I should have enough time
between shows to play the others, and record them onto MythTV using a
single HDHR or HDPVR.

The downsides are:
Delay in getting the shows you want to watch.
A large amount of effort to develop this and configure (to have myth
know how to find, schedule to record, playback and delete a show)....

And in anycase shows are often repeated often so the benefits are
limited; until satellite bandwidth gets to be a precious commodity and
they have to stop wasting bandwidth on the same show repeated 24 times
in a week.