[mythtv-users] Firewire recording glitches

GZ gzornetzer.lists at gmail.com
Tue May 25 22:50:49 UTC 2010

Hi Preston,
I haven't yet gone to firewire recording (I need to upgrade to a more recent
Fedora to make that happen), but I have tested out firewire recording with
comcast and the RNG110 cable box - it does seem to work.  Can you provide
some more general information about which cable box you have, and the exact
behavior of the dropouts?  Is it just a bad packet or two, or is it several
seconds of bad data?  Anything in the kernel logs to indicate a firewire
problem?  Some cable boxes have the firewire port, but handle firewire
output very poorly.
-GZ