[mythtv-users] access denied 0.21 to 0.23

Mike McMullin mmcmullin at cogeco.ca
Tue May 25 03:05:56 UTC 2010

upgrading from an openSuSE11.1 (0.21) to Ubuntu 10.04 (0.23), I have
successfully created the new database, dropped the table and restored the
database from the most recent backup.  When I fired up the front end it told me
to log into the backend setup program and upgrade the database for the schema
from 1214 to 1254, which I did.  Back into the front end it wanted to upgrade
the music schema from 1013 to 1017, and the video schema from 1016 to 117 now
I cannot connect to the master backend and that same machine.  There is an
error when launching configure backend:
 Driver error was [1/1045]:
 QMYSQL Unable to connect
database error was :
Access denied for user 'mythtv at P-733-Lin.local'  (using password: Yes)

Now I have the password from the 0.21 install and am able to log into mysql on
the new system using that password, so I'm kinda confused, launching the
backend.