[mythtv-users] LiveTV browse across tuners, but no switch

David Kubicek foceni at gmail.com
Mon May 24 23:11:45 UTC 2010

On 25.5.2010 00:38, Douglas Peale wrote:
> On 05/24/2010 03:23 PM, David Kubicek wrote:
>> I've searched the web and found this issue bothers other people too. The
>> thing is that in LiveTV, when I browse available channels, those that
>> are available only on other (non-active) tuners cannot be switched to,
>> unless I change "inputs" via menu manually.
>
> I don't have multirec enabled on any of my 5 tuners (last time I tried that I got a bunch of empty recordings), but when I enter
> a channel number that is not available on the tuner I'm using via live TV, Myth automatically switches to a tuner where that
> channel is available.

Unfortunatelly, here it doesn't. You must have something different in
your setup. I have 5x multirec for each tuner and use "Browse all
channels" setting. Always been using this setting. Without it, I don't
see all available channels on all tuners (e.g. when recording). This bug
is present since I started using DVB-S with my MythTV about 2yrs ago.

It's the same whether I browse & select or enter a channel number &
select. LiveTV just switches to the first channel on the same tuner as
before.

Just confirmed again, both switching "methods". Tuner1 recording sat1,
tuner2 recording sat2. LiveTV watching the same multiplex on tuner1/sat1
that backend is recording (different channel). I can browse only two
multiplexes from sat1 and sat2 - those that are being recorded on
tuner1/sat1 and tuner2/sat2. So far so good. But, switching within the
sat1 multiplex is OK, whereas switching to ANY channels on sat2
multiplex fails as always.

I'm using the latest trunk (24725), since last update - make distclean,
configure, make. I noticed a weird detail in this bug's ticket. It says
it only manifests when "Browse all channels" is off, but that's not
true. I've always been using it and this has never worked properly... :(

--
David Kubicek