[mythtv-users] google tv

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Mon May 24 22:32:57 UTC 2010

> Totally agree. Lots of brilliant people have contributed to the development
> but it take a different kind of business mind to move quickly to something
> that is idea for every day use. I think MythTV has made impressive progress
> to this with the latest version but only a commercial 'type' approach will
> really focus on getting what is really needed rather than adding new cool
> features etc.

One of the good things abuot MythTV (apart from the fact that it's an
absolutely brilliant piece of software) is that it's a niche product.
So the TV stations don't target it and force removal of things like
commercial skipping (unlike TiVo). As soon as something big and
commercial comes along the media companies will be throwing lawyers at
them faster than they can handle.

Leave MythTV is its nice, quiet little backwater, I say, and let us
all enjoy the peace and solitude.