[mythtv-users] Problem after upgrade

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon May 24 00:08:36 UTC 2010

On 05/23/2010 07:51 PM, Kevin Dalley wrote:
> I had the same problem as dorgan.  I am using avenards repository, also.
> My backtrace is below.  I get the same problem when trying to play a
> DVD.  Playing music is fine, however.

You both almost certainly have old 0.22-fixes libs on your systems.  You
should back up the database (
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore ), just in case,
then remove all mythtv packages using your package manager.  Then verify
that there are no mythtv libs or includes or ... of any sort on your system:

ls -l /usr/{,local/}lib/{mythtv,libmyth*} /usr/{,local/}include/mythtv

and if that command returns any output other than errors about missing
directories, you need to find a way to get rid of what's there (ideally
using your package manager).  Then reinstall 0.23-fixes, and you should
be good to go.

Mike