[mythtv-users] keybindings; remotes, IRBlasters and mythfrontend automatic exit

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Sun May 23 15:21:18 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am looking at re-doing my keybindings. The reason: to map the
buttons on my ps3 remote in a more context friendly way.

In order to do this I need to create a new input.conf and update the
keybindings table in mythconverg.

I have a few questions.
In the mythconverg.keybindings table;
1. Is there a way to make keybindings consistent across all frontends;
other than stating each host explicitly in the keybindings table?
2. Is there a full list of contexts ideally with descriptions of where
the context is? (i.e. TV Playback context seems that it probably
relates to the Internal player not just Watch TV and recordings
playback.

with regard to other things...
3. Has anyone seen if the changes at
http://kitlaan.twinaxis.com/holdingcell/bluez_ps3remote.diff  OR
http://ppa.launchpad.net/kitlaan/ppa/ubuntu are going to be merged
into bluez
4. is there a list of valid jumppoints - or is the list in mythweb
keybindings complete?
5. is there a way to initiate a system command (such as eject)
directly from input.conf or myth using a keybinding (I am thinking of
the eject button, the volume controls sending IR commands - via a
USBUIRT - to my AV-receiver)
6. I would like to trigger a power-on and power-off IR command to my
AV-receiver on start and exit of mythfrontend (however if mythfrontend
is left on the menu; I want mythfrontend to quit after 20 minutes; and
trigger the shutdown.)

thanks for your help in advance - I have trawled the net and short of
diving into looking at code (I wouldn't know where to start) I cant
find these answers...

thanks again