[mythtv-users] IPad and mythtv.

Gary Dawes gary.dawes at gmail.com
Sat May 22 20:30:12 UTC 2010

On 20 May 2010 19:07, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:

> The Maemo devices (Nokias?) might be candidates as well.

Mythtv 0.21 was ported to the Nokia N800 and N810, and worked really well.
Only limitation was the video resolution, as the Nokias will only lay up to
about 640x360 with a bitrate of about 700 max, before the video stutters.

This meant that I had to transcode video down.

the way I do it now is to use mythexport as a user job, and point Gpodder to
the RSSfeed. I use Mythweb for the scheduling, and it will actually play the
flash streams on 0.23 as well, which surprised me slightly.

A N900 should handle higher bitrate video.