[mythtv-users] VP8 (On2/Google video codec) analysis (was Re: Google TV)

Marc Randolph mrand at pobox.com
Sat May 22 14:07:48 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 4:15 PM, E. Westbrook
<mythtv-users at westbrook.com> wrote:
> Apparently Google is going to "donate a new video format called VP8 under
> open-source, royalty-free terms, then combine that with the open-source
> Vorbis audio format into a new WebM multimedia standard."*
>
> I of course am also waiting for all of the details (and code and license
> terms).

You don't have to wait.  Warning: reading this post is like watching a
train wreck.  You know it's only going to get worse, and it does:
 http://x264dev.multimedia.cx/?p=377

Don't miss the Update to the post (which follows "Addendum A)".  Also,
read comment #158

   Marc