[mythtv-users] IPad and mythtv.

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri May 21 20:35:30 UTC 2010

On Friday 21 May 2010 12:55:16 pm jedi wrote:

>    A liberated JooJoo probably has more potential. The newer Archos
> tablets might also have some potential. An Android app might be useful
> if not now than in the near future when something catches up HW wise.

An Android tablet computer is in fact available, with an ARM CPU, but I don't
think it would be very useful for Myth.

It's called a "Nook", and once rooted it's a fairly decent Android platform,
but the B+W display is not too useful for video, and the color touch screen is
pretty small. Some folks have been running the Pandora browser, which seems
better than the one B&N included in the 1.3 release.

The Nook seems to have a very active hacker community. Most of the hacking on
the Kindle seems to be about cracking the DRM, and I have no desire to steal
books.

At least the Kindle now somewhat supports PDF files, in the past you had to
send your PDF to Amazon and have them convert the file to something the Kindle
understood, and pay for the privilege. Nook deals with PDFs very well, as long
as the required fonts are embedded in the file (most seem to be).

I still say the iPad sounds like some sort of feminine hygiene product.