[mythtv-users] Small TV or monitor with good quality sound?

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Fri May 21 17:47:53 UTC 2010

I'm looking for something which should exist, but doesn't seem to: a
small (17" or smaller) TV or monitor with built-in speakers that can
display content in HD aspect ratio, yet also has decent sound at
loud-ish volume.

I know, most of you are probably thinking, "Why not just get a good
monitor and use external speakers?" Because the idea is to have a
display with a mini-ITX box for a FE attached to the back of it. This
would be mounted to a swivel arm, so that it can be used in the kitchen
and breakfast nook.

Adding external speakers will either:

- bloat the overall size of the display, not to mention look ugly, if
they are mounted aside the monitor

- or not provide a good viewing experience if they are too far from the
monitor (like if I put them near the breakfast table.)

It's hard enough to find decent quality, small-sized monitors--never
mind ones with decent speakers. Has anyone seen anything that fits the bill?