[mythtv-users] google tv

Dan Littlejohn dan.littlejohn at gmail.com
Fri May 21 15:19:48 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 10:08 AM, Jim Chisholm <jim at electron.phys.dal.ca>wrote:

> On 10-05-20 07:58 PM, Gabe Rubin wrote:
>
>> This is only tangentially related to Myth, but I wonder what impact
>> the newly announced Google TV platform will have to users of Myth.
>> This could yield the first commercial products that I would compare
>> favorably (or even ahead) of Myth.  Obviously a wait-and-see type
>> thing.
>>
>> Here is some info:
>> http://gizmodo.com/5543822/what-is-google-tv?skyline=true&s=i
>>

> At the end of the day when you want something that just works, SageTV
> compares very favourably and in many cases exceeds the capabilities
> of my MythTV 0.23 box (and it's running side by side on the same machine)

IMHO the next holy grail is to build web video aggregation into the home
theater.  Being able to configure a box to go out to the web and pull
content automatically is definitely something I want.  I would also not be
surprised if Google released code for this or an API.  Seems ripe for a myth
plugin like what MythNetvision intends to do.

Dan