[mythtv-users] IPad and mythtv.

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Thu May 20 20:40:46 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 7:19 AM, Christopher Kerr <mythtv at theseekerr.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 8:14 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Was just given an iPad for a work project. I think that it would make
>> a great front end.
>>
>> Has anyone started any work on porting mythtv to the iPad?
>
> Not as far as I know, but in the interim, you can get some useful
> functionality by combining the Air Video app with Mythlink. The PC
> server side takes a bit of effort to set up on linux (the Windows and
> Mac versions are easy), and it takes some fairly powerful hardware to
> transcode to H264 in realtime, but it works quite nicely.
>
> - Chris

Interesting, I'm doing almost the same thing with Orb - I have Orb
installed on an XP VM and I mount the Recordings folder on one of my
Mythboxes via SMB. However i can't stream any of my recordings -
They're the default x.264 from an HD-PVR and huge but I haven't
researched root cause yet. I hadn't heard of Air Video but it looks
decent and has a native iPad app - Are the recordings you're
transcoding from an HD-PVR?