[mythtv-users] IPad and mythtv.

Christopher Kerr mythtv at theseekerr.com
Thu May 20 11:19:15 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 8:14 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Was just given an iPad for a work project. I think that it would make
> a great front end.
>
> Has anyone started any work on porting mythtv to the iPad?

Not as far as I know, but in the interim, you can get some useful
functionality by combining the Air Video app with Mythlink. The PC
server side takes a bit of effort to set up on linux (the Windows and
Mac versions are easy), and it takes some fairly powerful hardware to
transcode to H264 in realtime, but it works quite nicely.

- Chris