[mythtv-users] View www.sbs.com.au news streams in MythVideo (Australian users)

Doug Vaughan r.d.vaughan at rogers.com
Wed May 19 22:26:37 UTC 2010

Phil,
    Your thoughts on why the MythBrowser is not playing back the flv
file without embedding is correct. In the MNV BBC iPlayer grabber I use
a local generic HTML file with javascript and flash embedding code. When
creating the MNV item I dynamically create the URL for the link and
media:content elements.

Here is a link to a to the BBC iPlayer HTML page. This and a few other
grabbers have only been released in trunk.
http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/mythplugins/mythnetvision/mythnetvision/scripts/nv_python_libs/configs/HTML/bbciplayer.html

If you do not already know the embedded flash code here is a link that
does flv files for a soon to be released MNV grabber. This one is a
little more generic.
http://pastebin.com/qqYGhEVw

There are examples withing these HTML files documentation for what a URL
should look like for MythBrowser to successfully play back the video in
flash.

Doug