[mythtv-users] [Bulk] Re: easiest way to go from storage groups internal player to mplayer

Christian Szpilfogel chrisznews4 at rogers.com
Mon May 17 23:12:10 UTC 2010

On 15/05/2010 2:36 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 5/15/2010 13:42, David Durham wrote:
>> how do I turn off storage groups, or otherwise do what needs to be
>> done so that
>> I can specify mplayer as the default player.
>
> Note that external players are depreciated, and support will be
> removed in a future release.

That is a bit of a concern. While I have found the Internal player to be
improving and I use it most of the time, I still need to use other
players such as mplayer on occasion. I thought mplayer and Internal were
both based on ffmpeg libraries so I'm not sure why mplayer would work
when Internal does not. Perhaps it is a timing issue of when the libs
are picked up?