[mythtv-users] mythbackend does not have access to mysql.txt after .22 upgrade to .23

Si Jones sijones2010 at googlemail.com
Mon May 17 21:10:06 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 4:54 PM, Aaron <aaron at rb303.net> wrote:

> On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 1:48 PM, Si Jones <sijones2010 at googlemail.com>
> wrote:
> > Remove the myth script in /etc/default, there is a upstart script in
> > /etc/init that works fine, it just will fail while the script is in
> > /etc/default.
> >

> I am having the exact same problem, but moving the "mythtv-backend"
> script from default did not fix my problem. I still can not start the
> back end.
>
> What else should i be looking for?

Do you have a myth script in /etc/init?

Should look like this

# MythTV Backend service

description     "MythTV Backend"
author          "Mario Limonciello <superm1 at ubuntu.com>"

start on (local-filesystems and net-device-up IFACE=lo)
stop on starting shutdown

#expect fork
respawn

script
        USER=mythtv
        ARGS="--logfile /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log --user $USER"
        test -f /etc/default/mythtv-backend && . /etc/default/mythtv-backend
|| true
        /usr/bin/mythbackend $ARGS
end script

and named mythtv-backend.conf