[mythtv-users] HD-PVR spdif input will not work after channel change

John Nissley jnissley at nissley.org
Mon May 17 01:12:02 UTC 2010

I have been having this issue for some time and have just ignored it and
continued to use the stereo input for the HD-PVR.  Now I want the 5.1
surround sound that comes with the HD channels.

Today I upgraded the firmware to the latest version just to make sure
that my firmware was not this issue and the problem still persists.

I have the component in and the spdif in set up.  If I go into mythtv
and select the HD-PVR the channel will be displayed and I will have
sound.  Once I change the channel I loose the sound 95% of the time.  If
I use the stereo in I never have a sound problem.  I am using the
timewarner HD STB. I have not tested if the stb is really outputting
sound after a channel change which is something I will try to figure out
how to test.  Before I take the STB and move it somewhere to test the
output after a channel change is there anyone who has had this problem
before and if so how was it resolved.

Thank you.