[mythtv-users] Sticky keys in 0.23

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Mon May 17 00:22:30 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 12:19 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 05/16/2010 12:43 AM, Nick Rout wrote:
>>
>> I have looked through the settings for a new 0.23 installation and
>> can't seem to find sticky keys settings (ie where the right key fast
>> forwards rather than skips).
>>

> Any setting that changes the behavior of key presses is getting removed
> since they're not really settings--they're key bindings.
>
> The process isn't complete, and it's not necessarily intuitive how to make
> it work, yet, but all you need to do is remove the binding for
> SEEKRWND/SEEKFFWD in TV Playback context.  The original plan was to make it
> so you just mapped to RWNDSTICKY/FFWDSTICKY , but since we have overloaded
> the SEEKRWND/SEEKFFWD and RWNDSTICKY/FFWDSTICKY to do different things in
> different circumstances, I had to take an intermediate (and less intuitive)
> approach until I can unroll all the binding overloads.

Man I'll have to get my head around that.

The settings must still be stored in the database though, because the
setting is still applied for the frontends that were upgraded, it's
just the fresh install with no historical settings in the database
that doesn't do sticky keys.