[mythtv-users] What replaces irw when using atilibusb for the remote receiver?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sat May 15 20:13:23 UTC 2010

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 9:10 AM, Don Brett <dlbrett at zoominternet.net> wrote:

> Jarod Wilson wrote:
>> Change /etc/sysconfig/lirc back. Every key should then report
>> something in irw when pressed. Map the key names irw reports to
>> functions in ~/.mythtv/lircrc.
>
> Right, I wasn't very clear on the last post...I did switch it back and it
> did fix it  :).  But irw still gives no messages for certain buttons.  When
> I pressed buttons 1, 2, 3, menu, 4...it looks like this:
>
> [mythtv at nick ~]$ irw
> 0000000080010002 00 KEY_1 devinput32
> 0000000080010003 00 KEY_2 devinput32
> 0000000080010004 00 KEY_3 devinput32
> 0000000080010005 00 KEY_4 devinput32
>
> Between KEY_3 and KEY_4 there should be something...but it just didn't
> respond.  I assume there is not a corresponding code for whatever
> ir-flickering the menu button is doing (I checked it, the menu button does
> flicker).
>
> There is a menu button defined in /etc/lirc/lircd.conf (KEY_MENU
>    139), but maybe it's not the same as mine.  I was going to experiment
> with lircd.conf and try to guess the right code.  Misguided???

Unfortunately, that's not going to work. Your lircd.conf already has
all the possible input layer values in it, so it sounds to me like the
driver for this device has an incomplete key mapping table, and the
signal from your menu button isn't getting mapped to anything in the
driver, thus no input keycode is being passed along. You could try
compiling and running evtest (can be found on the beagleboard site w/a
quick google search) and run it against your remote's input device to
verify that nothing is getting passed along, and/or the driver for
your card may have some sort of debug module parameter that will spit
out something when unknown keycodes are seen.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com