[mythtv-users] what resolution is mythui with a PCI VDPAU video card?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Sat May 15 00:12:31 UTC 2010

I've taken notice that a PCI video card doesn't have the bandwidth for
HD if it's not capable of VDPAU.

So what does that mean for mythui?  Will it not be able to drive a 1080p
panel at 1920x1080?

Just doing the math, a 132MB/s PCI bus should be able to carry 63 bytes
for every pixel on the screen:

132000000/(1920*1080) = 63

Why is that not enough for even raw HD?  Not that I really care about
being able to push raw HD, but I would like my UI at 1920x1080 on my
panel.

b.