[mythtv-users] No GUID showing up in Firewire capture card setup

Bob Shanteau rmshant at gmail.com
Fri May 14 23:38:33 UTC 2010

Greg Woods wrote:
> Have you tried "plugreport"?

Yes. It returns nothing. All I get is another command prompt.

> Also see the wiki page on MythTV and firewire:
> <http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/FireWire>

Yes, I did that. It says to make sure that libraw1394, libavc1394, and
libiec61883 are installed. I checked Add/Remove Software and yes, they
are all installed.

After plugreport, the Wiki is to run plugctl:

===
[mythtv at localhost ~]$ plugctl -n 1 "oPCR[0].n_p2p_connections=1"
raw1394 - couldn't get handle: Invalid argument
This error usually means that the raw1394 driver is not loaded or that
/dev/raw1394 does not exist.
===

Sure enough, I don't see /dev/raw1394. But I don't know how to load the
raw1394 driver.

Another person suggested that I check if the firewire module was loaded
by running lsmod and this is what I get:

===
[mythtv at localhost ~]$ lsmod | grep firewire
firewire_ohci          17244  0
firewire_core          36453  1 firewire_ohci
crc_itu_t               1223  1 firewire_core
===

Bob Shanteau