[mythtv-users] 0.23 and [no] video storage group question

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri May 14 15:09:33 UTC 2010

* On Fri May 14, 2010 at 10:31:57AM -0400, Joseph Fry wrote:
> I would also love to see a micro-backend that does nothing but allow the
> creation of a storage group for local files.  Could even be integrated into
> the frontend.

Frontends already support reading files from Storage Groups, this is how it
works if you have your backend's files exported to a frontend via NFS.  We've
also been talking about splitting up the backend a little, and one of the
split components would contain the ability to serve up files to both the
local and remote frontends.  It's too much work and replicated logic to
add support for serving files to the frontend code, it's a whole lot eaiser
to just run a tunerless backend on the frontend.  I've recently made a few
changes to help support this and the backend split I mentioned above would
help further by reducing the footprint of this tunerless slave a little more.

--
Chris