[mythtv-users] One more request for FE hardware advice

MarcT myrdhn at gmail.com
Thu May 13 13:06:14 UTC 2010

> I'm using an IONITX-C-U (external power brick) in a
> http://www.mini-box.com/M350-universal-mini-itx-enclosure
> Because the case has openings EVERYWHERE, airflow is done by convection,
> thus no fan. Just put it somewhere it can get air and not in an enclosed
> space.

Thanks again, otherwise fine, but no place for the DVD-drive. Hmm, wonder if
an
external DVD would be a good idea...

Dag

Dag,

Also of note, I don't have a HDD in the system but instead have netboot
setup. Saves on internal heat sources.
If you have to put an internal drive in it I would recommend an SSD.

MarcT