[mythtv-users] mythcal - script for synchronising MythTV recording schedule to a Google calendar

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu May 13 04:39:31 UTC 2010

On 10/24/2009 03:53 PM, Richard Fearn wrote:
>> Here's a quick twenty minute rewrite using the python bindings.
>>
> Thanks for that! I've changed mythcal to use the Python bindings
> rather than go directly to the database. (Thanks also to Michael for
> suggesting the bindings.) I've opted to stick with the dictionaries
> for holding program information.
>
> I've used pytz (http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pytz) to convert the local
> times in the Program objects to UTC.
>
> The new version is on Google Code:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/mythcal/

Richard, I'd love for you to include a page about mythcal, with a link
to the Google Code project, on the wiki and put it in the Scripts category.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:Scripts
and, I think the Python Scripts category is meant for scripts that are
using the Python bindings, so that may be more appropriate:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:Python_Scripts

Thanks,
Mike