[mythtv-users] hide mouse after resume

Eloy Paris peloy at chapus.net
Wed May 12 19:44:31 UTC 2010

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 01:31:57PM -0500, Mitchell Gore wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am building a new front-end on Mythbuntu 10.04. I have gotten
> suspend/resume from remote almost working. Only issue I have left is
> after resume the mouse cursor is visible. And it never hides unless i
> hit alt-tab to bring mythfrontend to focus.
>
> How can I work around this?

I run xwit from .xinitrc right before running mythfrontend. That moves
the cursor out of the way. Here's my .xinitrc:

#!/bin/sh

# Start the window manager
fvwm2 &

# Move the darn cursor out of the way. Tip from
# http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=7384480
xwit -root -warp 1919 1199

mythfrontend -v important,general

I guess Mythbuntu starts the frontend in a different way so xinit may
not be directly involved, but there must be a way of calling xwit right
before mythfrontend runs.

Cheers,

Eloy Paris.-