[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu SaskTel IPTV

greg at nodecam.com greg at nodecam.com
Wed May 12 19:05:21 UTC 2010

> DHCLIENT.CONF FILE
>
> interface "eth1" {
>    # Note, no "routers" in this request. The default gateway for the IPTV
>    # connection won't route internet traffic. So if we don't ask for one,
>    # we don't lose our 'net access
>    request subnet-mask, broadcast-address, time-offset, domain-name,
> host-name;
>
>    # The DNS server given to us is wrong, and will not look up any sites.
>    # override this with one we know is good (In this case, the gateway
> address
>    # for eth0.
>    supersede domain-name-servers 192.168.1.254;

I suspect this is the source of your problem - that ip needs to be changed
to a good dns server - very likely you have internet access but no name
resolution.  You could confirm this by pinging a known ip address like say
- 66.249.90.104.  If you can get there, you're in good shape other than
the bogus dns server.

I've been working with Darwin off-list because I had outbound email
problems from this account - if anyone finds this in the future, also
provide the output from the "route" command, which helps to diagnose if
the adapters are coming up in the right order, etc.

Greg