[mythtv-users] Error: MythTV is using all inputs but there are no active recordings?

Robert rs at mythtv-users.spam.futz.org
Wed May 12 00:41:47 UTC 2010

On Tue, 11 May 2010 12:04:19 -0400 Michael wrote:
MTD> Show of hands...  Has /anyone/ followed the instructions for how to fix
MTD> this?  optimize_mythdb.pl and if that doesn't work, the capture card
MTD> portion of
MTD> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 .

I did.. The big problem I ran into was that 'fetch channels' wasn't working
for the lineup for my qam tuners... it would just return almost instantly and
no channels would be added.

MTD> You all probably fall under the, "If you ever change capture cards or
MTD> capture card drivers..." portion of that message--after all, that
MTD> happens on distro upgrade.

Not me... I finally remember what I did.. I was futzing with groups to get the
gallery plugin access to my photos, and I likely did a 'usermod -G photogroup
mythtv', forgetting the -a option, so things kept working til the next time
mythfrontend crashed or I restarted the backend..

--
Arguing with an Engineer is like wrestling a pig in mud.
After a while you realize the pig is enjoying it.