[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.23 Available

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue May 11 22:22:22 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 1:53 PM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
> I have come to understand that the latest LVM code has support for
> collapsing a snapshot back into the origin so that makes the idea of
> upgrading the snapshot and then promoting it to the origin if you are
> happy more of a reality.

I tried to find out more information. The patch was announced in Aug.
2008. I know it takes a while to integrate stuff and it touches LVM,
the kernel, and dev-mapper, but I would expect it to be available by
now. I looked through the patches offered by the patch author but he
only has patches up to kernel version 2.6.28 and lvm 2.0.42 (or 44?).
My current kernel and lvm versions in Fedora 12 are newer than that. I
hate to think that it was dropped but there really isn't much info to
be found one way or the other.

It looks like for now if I want full rollback capability I'll need to
"dd" the whole logical volume, which I have enough space to do since I
keep my / volume relatively small (10GB).

Richard