[mythtv-users] Mythweb times off by an hour

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue May 11 21:40:42 UTC 2010

On 05/11/2010 05:20 PM, Oliver Maunder wrote:
> I'm in the UK and since the clocks changed to BST, all times in
> Mythweb have been an hour out, stuck in GMT. This includes the
> timestamp at the top of the screen and all the times on the listings
> page. The time on my backend is correct, and the webserver is running
> on the same machine as the backend.
>
> In the past people have had similar problems because of the way PHP
> handles timezones, and specifying a timezone in the php.ini file fixes
> the time. However, I don't think this is the same issue. Only Mythweb
> displays the wrong time - other PHP pages are OK.
>
> For example a simple file containing
>
>      <?php echo(date('h:i:s')) ?>
>
> shows the correct time.
>
> Does anyone know what's going on here, and how I can diagnose this?

Since you failed to give any kind of version information, I'm assuming
that you're using MythTV 0.22 or higher.  If so, MythWeb uses the same
time zone that you've configured on your master backend.

If a frontend displays the proper time and MythWeb doesn't, you need to
upgrade to current MythTV 0.22-fixes (or, better, 0.23-fixes)--or at
minimum, clear your MythWeb session.

Mike