[mythtv-users] 0.23 and [no] video storage group question

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue May 11 20:13:27 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 4:09 PM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:
>> also better mkv support would be nice (multiple audio tracks,
>> subtitles, etc) before we lose external player support
>
> In what sense? I already use mkv files with 2 audio tracks (AAC+AC3 or
> AAC+DTS) and with 2 embedded subtitle tracks on myth 0.22. I'm not
> sure if it handles BluRay PGS subtitle tracks. I saw a patch a while
> back that was supposed to support it, but I never tested it since I
> can't seem to figure out how to get the PGS tracks into the mkv file
> (handbrake doesn't do it, and mkvmerge doesn't seem to handle
> inserting PGS yet).

multiple audio tracks seem to be "hit or miss" for me, I think it may
have more to do with improperly merged mkv files than anything.

I've not been able to get any subtitle tracks to work at all with mkv
since the mkv DTS audio issue was fixed (which is when I really
started using mkv files). there are a few threads on this list about
the issue, just noone with the required skills to fix it having the
issue.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!