[mythtv-users] Mixing MythBuntu with "normal" Ubuntu

Eloy Paris peloy at chapus.net
Tue May 11 19:52:54 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 02:32:38PM -0400, Josh White wrote:

> On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 2:24 PM, Richard Morton
> <richard.e.morton at gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > no issues with this at all
> >
> > Simply install the mythtv-frontend package; and any plugins you want.
> > My first backend was mythbuntu but now I install ubuntu and add the
> > packages; but to start with I was running a mixed arrangement with no
> > issues.
>
> Doing the same.  I've had mythbuntu backends with ubuntu frontends, ubuntu
> backends with mythbuntu frontends (currently) and it all works fine.

I do something like this for my headless backend: I installed a vanilla
Ubuntu server edition and then manually added the Mythbuntu repositories
to /etc/apt/sources.list and then installed the mythtv-backend package.
I don't have frontend binaries or dependencies on this backend-only
machine.

Cheers,

Eloy Paris.-